Hydrolytic Resistance of glass

One of the tests in the European Pharmacopoeia for glass vials is the
hydrolytic resistance. Some parts of the test are not clear and I would like
to have your opinion about them:
"...fill the containers with water R to their filling volume....Place the
containers on the tray of the autoclave. Place the tray in the autoclave
containing a quantity of water R such that the tray remains clear of the
water." What does it means? Do I have to fill the autoclave with some water
or put some water in a flask?

Another line says "Raise the temperature from 100C to 121C over 20 min.
" What is "Over 20 min"? is it more than 20 min? Is it during 20 min? or
exactly 20 min.
Thanks

Arnan Ben-David       engineer@omrix.co.il
Engineering Department Manager