- Warm the ear-drop bottle by holding it in your hands for a few minutes. Shake the bottle well.
- Unscrew the cap of the bottle and draw some liquid into the dropper.
- Either lie on your side or tilt your head over so that the ear which needs the drops is facing upwards.
- Gently pull your earlobe upwards, away from your neck, and squeeze the correct number of drops into the ear.
- Keep your head tilted for about five minutes so that the drops can spread into the ear.
- Straighten your head and wipe away any extra liquid with a clean tissue.
- Replace the cap on the bottle.
- Store your ear-drops in a cool, dark place.
- You must use your ear-drops for the full length of the treatment course, even if your ear feels better. If you stop too soon, your ear problems may return.
- While using your ear-drops, TRY NOT TO GET WATER in your ear. Be careful when washing your hair and do not go swimming until the course is finished.
- When you have finished your course of treatment, throw any leftover drops away, or return them to your pharmacist for disposal.
EAR DROPS DO NOT KEEP
- If you have any questions about your ear-drops or any other medicines, your pharmacist can help
- ASK YOUR PHARMACIST. YOU'LL BE TAKING GOOD ADVICE
- KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
© National Pharmaceutical Association
Patient Information Home Page
PharmWeb® - Copyright©1994-2014. All rights reserved