- Wash your hands.
- Remove any foil or plastic covering from the pessary or applicator.
- If an applicator is supplied, load it with the pessary or cream.
NB: If you are pregnant, DO NOT use the applicator provided, but instead insert the pessary using your finger.
- Whilst laying down, knees bent and spread apart, gently insert the applicator (or pessary) into the vagina as far as it will comfortably go.
- Press the plunger to deposit the pessary or cream in the vagina and withdraw the applicator.
- Wash your hands again.
- You may wish to wear a sanitary towel or panty liner whilst you are using your pessaries or vaginal cream, to prevent any discharge from soiling your clothing.
- It is very important that you continue using your pessaries or vaginal cream for the full length of the treatment course, even though your symptoms may have disappeared. If you stop treatment too soon, your symptoms may return.
- You must keep using your pessaries or vaginal cream, even if you have a period. If you do have a period, use sanitary towels and NOT tampons.
- Keep your pessaries or vaginal cream in a cool, dark place.
- If you have any questions about your pessaries, vaginal cream or any other medicines, your pharmacist can help.
- ASK YOUR PHARMACIST. YOU'LL BE TAKING GOOD ADVICE
- KEEP ALL MEDICINES OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
© National Pharmaceutical Association
Patient Information Home Page
PharmWeb® - Copyright©1994-2015. All rights reserved